WASHINGTON, DC – Last week, U.S. Senator Jacky Rosen’s (D-NV) bipartisan Maximizing Outcomes through Better Investments in Lifesaving Equipment for (MOBILE) Health Care Act unanimously passed the Senate. The bill, introduced alongside Senator Susan Collins (R-ME) in the Senate and Congresswoman Susie Lee (D-NV) in the House of Representatives, would expand access to mobile health clinics in rural and underserved communities that may lack permanent, brick and mortar health clinics.
KOH-FM: U.S. Senate passes Senator Jacky Rosen’s bipartisan mobile health care act
“U.S. Senate passed Senator Jacky Rosen’s bipartisan MOBILE Health Care Act, which would expand access to primary health care services in rural and underserved communities.”
The Nevada Independent: Indy DC Download: Senate approves Rosen mobile health clinic bill
By Humberto Sanchez
- Back in session after the roughly month-long August recess, the Senate this week approved legislation introduced by Sen. Jacky Rosen (D-NV) to allow certain federal grant funding to bolster the use of mobile clinics in underserved communities.
- Known as the MOBILE Health Care Act, the bill would “provide these communities with greater resources to expand mobile health clinics,” Rosen said in a release.
- Nevada Health Centers and other Nevada clinics have spoken out in favor of the bill. Nevada Health Centers is the largest community health center program in the state, with 17 health centers, seven Women, Infants, and Children offices and three mobile health programs.
Sierra Sun Times: U.S. Senators Jacky Rosen and Susan Collins Bipartisan Bill To Expand Health Care Services In Rural and Underserved Communities Passes Senate
- On Monday, the U.S. Senate passed Senator Jacky Rosen’s (D-NV) bipartisan Maximizing Outcomes through Better Investments in Lifesaving Equipment for (MOBILE) Health Care Act, which would expand access to primary health care services in rural and underserved communities.
- “Too many of Nevada’s small and rural communities lack access to permanent health centers and reliable health care,” said Senator Rosen. “I’m glad to see that my bipartisan bill to provide these communities with greater resources to expand mobile health clinics has passed the Senate, and is now one step closer to becoming law.”
- “On behalf of Community Health Centers and the 30 million patients they serve, I want to thank Senator Jacky Rosen and Senator Susan Collins for pushing this important bill to extend access to high-quality primary care to rural communities through an expansion of mobile clinics,” said Rachel Gonzales-Hanson, Interim President and CEO of the National Association of Community Health Centers (NACHC).