WASHINGTON, DC – U.S. Senators Jacky Rosen (D-NV) and Catherine Cortez Masto (D-NV) recently announced that funding they secured is being delivered to police departments in Las Vegas, Sparks, and West Wendover. The money was awarded through community project funding that both senators secured.
KKFT Reno: Rosen, Cortez Masto Announce Delivery of Funding for NV Law Enforcement
Reporter: “Nevada Senators Catherine Cortez Masto and Jacky Rosen both announced they have secured funding for three police departments in the state of Nevada. Money awarded to them through the community project funding: Sparks PD getting $1.4 million to help upgrade old radios and protective equipment to help first responders. Meanwhile, Las Vegas Metro and West Wendover PD will be getting the remainder for upgraded communications.”
KOLO Reno: Sparks Police among Nevada agencies getting new funding
- Senators Catherine Cortez Masto and Jacky Rosen announced they have secured funding for three police departments in the state of Nevada.
- The police departments will get money awarded to them through community project funding.
- Sparks PD will be getting $1.4 million to help upgrade old radios and protective equipment to help first responders.
- Meanwhile, the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department will get $3 million for a new reality-based training center, and the West Wendover Police Department will get $376,000 for upgraded communications.
KTVN Reno: Cortez Masto, Rosen Announce Delivery of Funding for Nevada Law Enforcement Projects
- On Tuesday, U.S. Senators Catherine Cortez Masto (D-Nev.) and Jacky Rosen (D-Nev.) announced that funding they secured for police departments in Las Vegas, Sparks, and West Wendover is being delivered.
- “Nevada’s law enforcement officers work tirelessly to keep our state safe and it’s one of my priorities to make sure they have the resources needed to do their jobs effectively,” said Senator Rosen. “I’m proud to announce that the funding Senator Cortez Masto and I secured for communications and technology upgrades for local police departments is being delivered and will be used to protect Nevada communities.”